The Junior SAP Programmer will maintain SAP applications and programs to support the development team with meeting the needs of various departments within the Authority. Assignments will include design, development, coding for enhancements and fixes, testing, maintenance, debugging, documentation, and end user support.
Please note that this an on-site, in person position.
Essential (Primary) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with SAP development team to facilitate development, bug fixes, and code enhancements for better end user experiences.
- Assist in SAP development solutions according to tickets assigned by the lead SAP programmer.
- Provide input on SAP enhancements and roll outs, offering thoughts and feedback.
- Develop code and its associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards.
- Analyze, improve, and assess SAP systems to implement ease of use features for end users with input from lead programmer.
- Providing technical support to the end users in the form of modifications and bug fixes within the system.
- Documentation of programs and help desk tickets so other SAP programmers can quickly become knowledgeable as to their purpose and function.
- Monitoring of programs, scheduled jobs and user processes within SAP to understand system workflow and ensure an error free production environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1 years of experience as an SAP Programmer or related programming, 2 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science is required.
- Willingness and proficiency to learn programming skills focused on ABAP and other programming languages.
- Understanding of in-place business processes.
- Familiarity in the ABAP programming language, including BAPI, ALV, LSMW, SQL, functional modules including RFC enabled FMs. SAPScript, SmartForms, Word, Excel, HTML, Visual Basic, and Visio experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are necessary when working with personnel in the various departments at Suffolk County Water Authority.
Interested candidates should submit their application/resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com, click on Career Opportunities). Annual salary will be commensurate with education and experience within a range of $60-75k. Suffolk County residency is highly preferred.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)