Leaks in your household plumbing can lead to enormous water waste and higher water bills. For instance, did you know that:
- 10 percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day.
- A constantly running toilet can waste more than 200 gallons of water every day. Toilets are notorious for hidden leaks, the greatest cause of customer complaints about high water bills.
- A leaky faucet or showerhead that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons per year.
- A showerhead leaking 10 drips per minute wastes enough water in a year to run the dishwasher 60 times.
- An irrigation system at 60 PSI with a leak the thickness of a dime can waste about 6,300 gallons of water per month.