The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Pipeline Inspector for the Construction Maintenance Department located in Oakdale, NY. The successful candidate will oversee and inspect the installation of water mains performed by contractors.
- Oversee and inspect the installation of water main by contractors
- Provide instructions to contractors including modifying drawings and issuing materials.
- Create field sketch measurements for proposed water main, as well as built sketches and valve sketches of installed water main.
- Create instructions to contractors including modifying drawings and issuing materials.
- Paint field mark-outs of proposed main installations and invoicing contractors.
- Coordinate water main installation and restoration with appropriate municipal agencies and representatives.
- 1-2 years of working knowledge of the construction industry, preferably in water or underground construction
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or a related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, experience with AutoCAD, SAP, GIS, OnBase a plus
- Ability to interface with contractors and work outdoors.
- Candidate must possess a valid NY State driver’s license.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements.*
Hours for the position will be Monday to Friday from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. Interested candidates should submit their application/resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com, click on Career Opportunities). Annual salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 vaccination is required.
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)