SCWA is currently seeking a Field Supervisor for the Production Control Department. The candidate will be responsible for supervising the Operations section of the Production Control department. This includes overseeing the work of Production Control personnel and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Supervision of all Field and Relief Operators and their daily work assignments to ensure work is done timely and effectively.
- Review and operation of the SCWA water system via the SCADA control system.
- Communicating with and advising of field personnel to resolve problems that may arise on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of operational and process control problems within the SCWA water system.
- Inspection of SCWA water supply and treatment assets to ensure proper operation and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot operational problems. Generate work orders as needed.
- Completion of pump station work assignments schedule.
- On call coverage on a rotating basis for multiple offices.
- Must have a solid knowledge base of water supply operations and maintenance and understanding of water supply hydraulics.
- Basic knowledge of regulations relevant to public water supply and drinking water standards are necessary.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the operation of a public water supply or related field.
- 1-3 years’ supervisory experience; union operations experience helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a New York State Grade IIB water treatment license and CDL B license with Hazardous Materials Endorsement.
Work hours for this position may include nights and weekends. Salary for this position
will be commensurate with experience.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements. *
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. COVID-19 Vaccine is required.
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)