The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking an SAP Programmer for our Information Technology Department located in Oakdale, NY. The successful applicant will analyze and troubleshoot issues within the system.
The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking an SAP/ERP Programmer for our Information Technology Department located in Oakdale, NY.
• Research and develop SAP/ABAP solutions to meet the needs of the company, including development, testing and implementation of the application solutions.
• Work with appropriate department personnel to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for SAP / ERP computing environment.
• Develop, code and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
• Review program code and correct ABAP program errors.
• Programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation of modules and functions.
• Participate as an active team member, practice effective listening skills, and effective collaboration skills
• Maintaining and updating existing program code as needed
• 2-4 years’ experience as a Programmer, SAP ABAP experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related major required.
• Ability to work in a team environment with both employees and consultants.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary depending on education and experience within the range of $65K-$75K. Salary expectations must be disclosed on application.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)