Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking an Organization Development Specialist to coordinate, develop, implement, and present training programs for all employees throughout the Authority. The successful applicant with manage all logistical and administrative work to ensure the programs run successfully. They will identify training solutions and work with external supplies for training courses and materials and be expected to maintain records for all training programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, supervisors, and leadership teams.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs, seminars, and skills training for employees.
- Process owner for the Authority’s learning management system.
- Write materials for new training programs; review, evaluate and modify existing and proposed programs; recommend appropriate changes.
- Develop unique training programs to fulfill workers’ specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Conduct employee development career conversations, develop career maps, and advise employees of education, training, job shadowing that might be necessary to progress in career path.
- Administer annual employee engagement survey and draft reports to summarize and measure results from year to year.
- Develop and manage a mentoring program to retain employees; conduct stays interviews.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive training strategy to support authority goals.
- Support the performance management system to include review of probationary evaluations and address performance issues as it relates to the evaluation with manager and or employee.
- Update training records in SAP and generate certificates.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and development as well as employee engagement.
- Will require local travel to SCWA offices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of training and development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Communications, Business Administration or Education preferred.
- Knowledge of instructional design, ability to develop learning objectives and create materials.
- Strong interpersonal and written & verbal communication skills including excellent public speaking skills.
- Understanding of design and LMS functionality.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and manage numerous projects at one time.
The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements. Interested candidates should submit their application and resume including salary requirements via the SCWA website(www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities.” Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)