The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support to the Deputy CEO for Administration and the Human Resources Department.
• Provide administrative support to HR department include filing, copying, ordering supplies, letter generation, mailings, data entry, and report generation.
• Meet and greet employees/visitors and provide assistance or escalate to appropriate HR department specialist.
• Create and maintain employee personnel files.
• Process verification of employment, court orders/subpoenas, NYS unemployment claims, and tuition reimbursement requests.
• Assist with employment efforts including, the union bid process, screening resumes, scheduling interviews and coordinating orientations.
• Coordinate and manage various employee programs and events, to include: service awards luncheon, administrative barbeque, food drives, and other Authority programs as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of HR/administrative experience required.
• Proficient in MS Office; SAP experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proven ability to multi-task and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work in a team, be self-motivated, and possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Salary expectations must be disclosed on application.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)