The Suffolk County Water Authority has an opportunity for a procurement agent in our Purchasing department who will gather data and conduct analysis with the goal of improving the Authority’s supply chain operations.
• Act as a liaison between vendors and the Authority. Clarify contract terms, conditions, specifics of orders placed and intent for all contractual parties as well as our internal customers.
• Perform pro-active analysis in support of Authority’s Strategic Procurement Initiative that include market surveys to verify option pricing, use of indices and market trends to justify price increases or decreases, and vendor interviews to validate market observations.
• Preparing purchase requisitions to become purchase orders.
• Coordinate internet sourcing to bring new vendors/supplies to SCWA.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• 3-5 years purchasing experience preferred
• Must possess problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Self-starter with excellent follow up and communication skills
• Must possess a willingness to learn all areas of the Authority functions
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements.*
Applicant’s typical work schedule will be Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Salary for this position to be $55,000-$60,000 and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Applications will be received until the position has been filled.
Suffolk County residents preferred.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)