SCWA is currently seeking a GIS Technician to directly support the creation and maintenance of all assigned GIS datasets, applications, and geodatabases.
• Responsible for the maintenance and update of specific GIS-based SCWA infrastructure layers and assist in the storage, maintenance, editing and update of other infrastructure layers and various critical non-SCWA reference data sets.
• Development and maintenance of ArcGIS Survey 123, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS enterprise applications.
• Assist manager to complete internal projects and respond to ad-hoc requests (such as external Freedom of Information/FOI Requests or internal SCWA staff needs) and produce required deliverables
• Maintain SCWA GIS-based datasets for internal use
• Create and produce continually updated digital and paper-based deliverables (for SCWA personnel) and customized GIS installations and applications
- 1-2 years’ experience with direct involvement, good knowledge and proficiency with GIS (ESRI-based) software suites, including Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online, ArcPRO, ArcMap, ArcToolbox & ArcCatalog; 2 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems; basic understanding of networking, ArcSDE, and various databases such as Oracle and SQL Server; ability to manage and master datasets and scanned documents.
- Proficiency with GIS products and packages, including Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Survey 123, ArcPRO, ArcGIS ArcMap, ArcToolbox and ArcCatalog; ability to successfully interact with personal and file-based geodatabases and enterprise databases such as SQL Server
- Associate degree in Geography, Engineering, Planning, or Environmental Conservation and Sustainability required OR high school education and four (4) years minimum work-related experience, as described; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities.” Annual salary is commensurate with education and experience. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)