The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to support the overall operations of the Facilities Department and the General Services Division. Under the guidance of the Director of General Service, this position will assist in the upgrading of Facility processes and technological systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities, Engineering, Operations, or related field (current students who are upcoming graduates within one semester may apply) required.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors/contractors, and customers.
- Must possess a strong work ethic with the ability to learn and adapt as needs of department change.
- Goal-oriented, organized, and motivated to learn.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD Facility and Project Management Software.
- Knowledge of Facilities Operations/Equipment (HVAC, Electrical, Custodial, Plumbing, etc.)
Hours for this position will be Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and select “Career Opportunities”, then select the appropriate position. Salary for this position will be commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residents preferred.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)