The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking an Applications Developer in our Laboratory Department located in Hauppauge, NY
- Maintain software applications and database management systems, create Crystal Reports, and write code to support business requirements.
- Test, debug, and install departmental software updates and customizations.
- Work with management, internal departments, and outside agencies to implement new regulations and to optimize workflow and reporting processes.
- Provide user support and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Document procedural and coding changes.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred. Recent grads will be considered.
- Knowledge of various programming languages such as Visual Basic, C , Java, .NET, SQL, and HTML.
- Ability to become proficient in unfamiliar programming languages such as LIMS Basic and software applications such as Adobe InDesign.
- Excellent organizational , written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Laboratory or LIMS experience is a plus but is not required.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on "Career Opportunities". Applications will be received until position is filled. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Salary expectations must be disclosed on application.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)