The Suffolk County Water Authority currently is seeking a Bacteriologist for the Bacteriology/ Sample Collection area in our Laboratory Department located in Hauppauge, NY. The work week for this position is Sunday–Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., subject to change.
- Prepare required media for sample analysis.
- Perform all types of bacterial analyses of routine samples.
- Review results and enter analytical results into a LIMS database.
- Driving to multiple sample collection locations and collecting various types of sample bottles.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Fueling and cleaning vehicles assigned for your use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Biology or related science, with at least twenty-four (24) credits in Biology.
- Experience in water sample testing and aseptic technique preferred.
- Ability to work outdoors in all environmental conditions and maintain good aseptic technique.
Interested candidates should submit their application/resume with salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com and click “Career Opportunities”). Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)