The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a bilingual Customer Service Supervisor to work in conjunction with the management team in producing the highest level of customer service. This is an excellent opportunity for employees seeking to advance their career into a management role.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Call Center management by monitoring work and call queues, work orders, and volume of work.
- Check computer entries and the accuracy of information provided to internal and external customers.
- Maintain Call Center workflow to ensure phone coverage and timely performance of all tasks.
- Review and resolve customer concerns advanced by clerical staff in a proper and timely manner.
- Identify and communicate areas of needed training and/or policy changes to facilitate exemplary customer service.
- Assist in the development and attainment of key performance goals and metrics for the Call Center.
- Facilitate a positive work environment; answer questions and provide assistance/direction to staff.
- Distribute and document petty cash funds; monitor cash drawers, bank deposits, and misc. monetary deposits.
- Minimum of 3-5 years customer service experience in a call center environment required.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Associates Degree, BS in Business Management or related field preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and written and oral communication skills required.
- Possess excellent listening skills, the ability to delegate tasks, and the ability to problem solve and defuse situations.
- Must be able to facilitate positive working relationships and customer interactions.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, or during emergency situations as needed.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Applicant’s typical work schedule will be Monday - Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Days, hours and location are subject to change based on operational needs of the department. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities.”
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)