The Supervisor of New Construction is responsible for daily supervision with the CM clerical staff in
Oakdale and satellite offices. All requests for main extensions and new taps are handled in the department
and communication with homeowners, developers, engineers, and architects is required. This position is
the liaison between Pipeline, Drafting, CM Supervisors, the Capital Projects Coordinator, Customer Service
and GIS with regards to projects, updates and troubleshooting.
Essential (Primary) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of clerical staff of 12, including proper staffing coverage, workload, and mark outs.
- Daily phone calls and e-mails with homeowners, developers, engineers, architects, and colleagues.
- Troubleshoot customer, clerical, and SAP related issues; update and improve processes.
- Work directly with GIS regarding system improvements and revisions.
- Direct contact for contamination and outreach projects.
- Read and review site plans, review easement documents.
- Knowledge of all rules, regulations and procedures regarding main extensions and taps.
- Prepare notifications and purchase requisitions for Pipeline Department.
- Review and approve customer refund requests.
- Enter new projects into Project and Surcharge systems.
- Create expense reports for mileage reimbursements.
- All other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP experience highly desired.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with people.
- Ability to multitask.
- 5-7 years of administrative/clerical experience, specifically in a supervisory position.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities.” Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residency preferred. COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)