The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Garage Mechanic “ B”-floater for our Transportation Department in Oakdale. Work schedule is Monday - Friday, 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Installation and repair of air/hydraulic brake systems, axels, electrical systems, electronics, power-take-off, hydraulics and drivelines for all Authority vehicles;
- Maintenance and repair of differentials, diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, and under-deck & skid mounted compressors;
- Tire repair and replacement, snow removal equipment repair, welding and fabrication, and minor body repair;
- Overall maintenance work for all Authority owned vehicles;
- Working in the Westhampton garage as needed;
- Minimum five years diesel service and fleet maintenance experience preferred; technical school education may be substituted/considered for a portion of required experience;
- High School Diploma, GED, or graduate of an accredited trade/technical school required;
- ASE Diesel Certification strongly preferred;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- Must have the ability to obtain a CDL B license with Hazmat endorsement;
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a NYS Motor Vehicle Inspector’s License with group 1 & 2 endorsements;
- English reading, writing, and speaking skills required;
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements, via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on "Career Opportunities."
The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)