The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking to hire a Superintendent of Trades to assist the Director in the complete management of the Maintenance Division of the Production Control Department. This individual will be the direct manager of the Electrical Supervisor, Instrumentation and Controls Supervisor, Mechanical Supervisor and Assistant Trades Supervisor. The Superintendent is responsible for the proper operation of all SCWA mechanical and electrical water supply assets in Production Control
• Coordinate with PC Superintendent of Operations and supervisors, Engineering and Construction Maintenance to plan and implement pump station construction projects.
• Identify maintenance needs, making recommendations for repairs or potential capital improvements
• Inspection of SCWA water supply and treatment assets to ensure proper operation and maintenance. Troubleshoot operational problems. Generate work orders as needed.
• Troubleshoot problems in the distribution system related to pump operation or chemical treatment etc. Consult on customer complaints.
• Act as Material Master for Production Control responsible for the operation of the Bay Shore warehouse and acquisition of materials for all of Production Control.
• Distribute daily work assignments to all PC union staff based in their respective offices.
• Train and develop new and existing PC personnel on maintenance topics.
• Ability to respond to emergencies 24/7.
• B.S. degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering or related field preferred.
• 10 years’ experience required in the operation of a water supply system.
• NYS Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade 2B license required – 1B preferred.
• Must possess or have the ability to possess a NYS Class B CDL with Haz-Mat Endorsement.
• Must have a solid knowledge base of water supply operations and maintenance and an understanding of water supply hydraulics.
• Ability to forecast work priorities, as well as respond to rapidly changing priorities based upon needs of the water system and the needs of SCWA.
• Highly organized to follow-through skills to see projects to completion.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)