The Customer Growth Coordinator (CGC) will oversee efforts to connect the estimated 25,000
Suffolk County residents on private drinking water wells, and threatened by contamination, to the
Suffolk County Water Authority. This individual will work with SCWA staff including the
executive team and the Government Relations Coordinator to secure New York State and federal
funds to reduce cost to Suffolk Residents.
The successful candidate will:
• Coordinate efforts with departments, including Construction Maintenance, Graphic Information Services (GIS) and Communications to provide outreach and connection financing options to residents threatened by emerging compounds harmful to health.
• The CGC will develop an overall plan to engage the various communities on private wells with and without current access to public drinking water.
• Establishing estimated costs, possible coordination of well water testing, public meetings, marketing material and public engagement.
• Develop a marketing and public outreach program.
• Sponsor and lead public meetings related to the benefits of public drinking water.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Political Science or related degree.
• Knowledge of drinking water regulations put forth by the EPA and the New York State and Suffolk County Health Departments.
• Working knowledge of government operations and jurisdictions. • Ability to multi-task and work under serious time constraints.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills; experience with SAP a plus.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Salary expectations must be disclosed on application.
Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 Vaccine is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)