Suffolk County Water Authority is the largest groundwater water supplier in the United States. It is our mission to provide customers with the highest quality water at the lowest possible cost, built on a foundation of exceptional customer service.
Our staff of dedicated professionals in Engineering, Laboratory, Construction, Information Technology, Production Control, Customer Service and Administration truly makes a difference every day, doing their part to ensure our most precious natural resource is safe for generations to come. SCWA provides rewarding work experiences, advancement possibilities, career development and growth, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
Medical Paid Holidays
Dental Paid Vacations
Vision Paid Sick Days
Life Insurance Employee Assistance Programs
Flexible Spending AFLAC
Long Term Disability NYS Employee Retirement System
Uniforms (if applicable to position) NYS Deferred Compensation Plan
Training and Development
The Authority is committed to a workplace where everyone is treated respectfully as individuals and is afforded equal opportunity. Each and every employee at the Suffolk County Water Authority supports, serves and treats their fellow employees, customers and our shared natural environment with the utmost respect and courtesy.
Founded in 1951, the Suffolk County Water Authority is an independent public-benefit corporation operating under the authority of the Public Authorities Law of the State of New York. Serving approximately 1.2 million Suffolk County residents, the Authority operates without taxing power on a not-for-profit basis.
- Application must be completed on line and candidate should upload their cover letter and resume.
- Candidate will receive a confirmation email message.
- Applications/resumes will become part of our database and will be retained for one year.
- Successful applicants must comply with the Suffolk County Water Authority residency requirements.
- Background investigations and pre-employment physicals, including drug screening are a condition of employment with SCWA.
The Suffolk County Water Authority