The Suffolk County Water Authority (SCWA) has released its goals and objectives for 2010 to the Members of the Board for review. These goals will allow the Authority to manage day-to-day operations more efficiently, while also providing the foundation for long-term improvements. SCWA will continue to challenge itself to perform at the highest standards in supplying safe and tested drinking water at the lowest possible cost to all 1.2 million customers.
The Authority is in a transition period. Current Chief Executive Officer Stephen Jones will step down from that position in the spring and be succeeded by Special Projects Coordinator, Jeffrey Szabo. “With new objectives ahead of us for 2010, we’re confident that the Authority will be able to continue our superior services and provide customers with the safest water in the most cost-effective manner.” said Jeffrey Szabo. “Our goals will allow us to continue our efforts in being efficient and more transparent in our services.”
The following are the key objectives for the upcoming year:
• SCWA will expand its customer service programs, while also conducting customer satisfaction surveys to determine performance and follow through with complaints and work orders.
• The direct debit and automated meter reading programs will have continued promotion and support to expand the number of participants. Along with a new design of the website, these new technologies will aid in the development of Suffolk County Water Authority as an available source of information and convenience.
• Energy-efficient facilities will continue to support customers by providing them with clean water in the most cost-effective manner.
• The office of the CEO will continue to work with municipalities and other authorities in developing shared service agreements.
• Distinct and thorough employee-training programs to include specialized instruction for all departments and divisions will be implemented, as well as an internship program for students at local colleges and universities.
“Our goals and objectives for the new year simply outline the Authority’s established dedication to efficient services and customer satisfaction,” said Stephen Jones. “I hope our customers continue to support our endeavours as we move forward.”