The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Senior HR/HCM SAP ABAP Developer for our Information Technology Department located in Oakdale, NY. The successful candidate will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain SAP modules related to HR, benefits, time, and payroll. This position will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Collaborate with other developers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs.
- Functional knowledge of SAP Payroll, Time Management, Benefits and SAP SuccessFactors.
- Analyze and access existing business systems and procedures.
- Define, development and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, specifications, and testing on a project-by-project basis in collaboration
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research and develop SAP/ABAP solutions to meet the needs of the company, including development, testing, and implementation of the application solutions.
- Work with appropriate personnel to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for SAP/ERP computing environment related but not limited to HR, Benefits, Time, and Payroll.
- Design, configure and maintain all SAP payroll components including deductions, cumulations, and benefit deductions integration.
- Manage BSI TUB updates, review US tax forms and reporting of wages to Social Security.
- Programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation of modules and functions.
- 4-6 years of experience in an SAP environment.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science.
- Proficient in the ABAP programming language, BADI BAPI, ALV, LSMW, SQL, function modules and remote function calls.
- SAP Script, Smart Forms experience is preferred.
- Experience with Word, Excel and HTML preferred.
- Standard valid drivers’ license required.
*Please note that this position is 100% on site and located in Oakdale, NY
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Applicants typical work schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary is commensurate on education and experience. Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)