The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking to hire an Assistant Electrical Engineer to work in the Engineering Department in Great River NY.
- Performing electric load calculations to determine electric service size for new or upgraded service; provide loading requirements to electric utility and coordinate work with utility and contractor.
- Participate in engineering design, review, information gathering, inspection, and commissioning or start-up of projects that include electrical, instrumentation and process control equipment or systems related to water treatment and distribution.
- Assist in development and progression of pilot projects such as SCADA system upgrades, fixed radio networks and other advancements related to the Authorities communications systems.
- Preparing bid documents, specifications, and drawings for one or more of the following areas: electrical construction, instrumentation, communications, and electrical equipment contracts.
- Monitoring work performed by contractors and resolving technical related field issues.
- Preparing cost estimates of electrical work to determine feasibility of future projects submitted by contractors or for budgeting purposes.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- BS degree, from an accredited college/university in engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 0-3 years’ experience in electrical engineering, design, and construction or maintenance and operation of industrial facilities.
- Knowledge of A.C. and D.C. electrical theory. Knowledge of National Electrical Code and/or Motor Controls preferred.
- Excellent communication ability to interact with contractors, inter department personnel and outside agencies.
- Proficient in Auto-CAD, MS Office and SAP with strong organizational skills.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary for this position will be commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk county residency is a requirement for this position. COVID vaccination is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)