The Suffolk County Water Authority is currently seeking an Equity Manager who will work directly with the Chief Diversity Officer to create, implement, and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company culture. We seek to create an environment where employees, customers and the community feel a sense of belonging and representation, and where the company practices and advocates for environmental justice in all aspects of its operations. This position will guide, train, assist and support staff in developing and meeting its DEIBJ goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with the Chief Diversity and Equity Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Deputy CEO for Administration, and the Diversity Committee to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate equity awareness, goals, programs, policies, and trainings as needed throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to advance and sustain equity, inclusion, diversity, belonging and justice initiatives throughout the Authority, including outreach and educational programs.
- Effectuate company DEIBJ goals as stated in the 2030 Strategic plan and other documents.
- Monitor and report on company hiring and retention practices.
- Assist/support HR in recruitment activities.
- Provide outcome reporting on regular basis to the Chief Diversity and Equity Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Deputy CEO for Administration, and the Diversity Committee.
- Support and facilitate employee resource groups.
- Actively participate as a member in local and national organizations promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Conduct surveys, lead focus groups, and other methods of data collection to develop metrics and track outcomes for initiatives.
- Collaborate with external culturally specific organizations and educational institutions to ensure a diverse and equitable pipeline of qualified candidates is considered for employment and to ensure our services are equitably provided throughout our service territory.
- Participate in the hiring and promotion interview panel to ensure qualified candidates are given opportunities for employment and promotion.
- Research feasibility of developing and maintaining an apprenticeship/training program for external candidates to facilitate a talent pipeline of diverse candidates for all positions throughout the organization.
- Represent SCWA at various public meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing people, and navigating organizational psychology
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with a concentration in organizational change/development required, Master’s degree or higher in HR with a concentration in DEI preferred (would also accept a bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology)
- Proficient in MS Office; verbal, written, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others, direct staff, and plan for staffing and job completion
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary is commensurate with education and experience within a range of $90-100K. Salary expectations must be disclosed on application. Suffolk County residency is preferred.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)