The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a motivated under-graduate or graduate level student majoring in Human Resources/Business Management, interested in learning the HR disciplines including employment, benefits administration, HRIS/reporting, employee relations amd training. The Intern will receive hands on work experiance in a busy human resources department.
- No prior job experience necessary
- Coursework in Human Resource disciplines preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word,Excel,Outlook)
- Must be highly organized, responsible, and goal-orientated, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Must be a Suffolk County resident and possess a valid driver’s license
This is a paid internship and employment will begin in June and continue through August. A maximum of 28 hours worked per week
Interested candidates should submit their application/resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com and click on Career Opportunities, then select the appropriate position).
Applications for this position will be accepted until March 29, 2021.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)