The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Senior SAP ABAP Developer/Programmer for our Information Technology Department located in Oakdale, NY. The successful candidate will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the Authority’s business requirements.
- Collaborate with other developers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and access existing business systems and procedures.
- Define, development and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, specifications, and testing on a project-by-project basis in collaboration
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research and develop SAP/ABAP solutions to meet the needs of the company, including development, testing, and implementation of the application solutions.
- Work with appropriate personnel to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for SAP/ERP computing environment.
- Review program code and correct ABAP errors.
- Programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation of modules and functions.
- Maintaining and updating existing program code as needed.
- 4-6 years of experience in an SAP environment.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science.
- Proficient in the ABAP programming language, BADI BAPI, ALV, LSMW, SQL, function modules and remote function calls.
- SAP Script, Smart Forms experience is preferred.
- Experience with Word, Excel and HTML preferred.
- Standard valid drivers’ license required.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Applicants typical work schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Salary is commensurate on education and experience within the range of 90K-110K. Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)