SCWA is seeking a Director of General Services to provide direction and leadership to Facilities, Transportation and Stores staff. This individual would work with the Deputy CEO of Administration to ensure adherence to the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
SCWA is seeking a Director of General Services to provide direction and leadership to Facilities, Transportation and Storeroom staff. This individual would work with the Deputy CEO of Administration to ensure adherence to the Authority’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Oversee the overall day-to-day operation of the Division and manage its staff to ensure the goals, objectives and day-to-day staff work responsibilities are carried out in an optimal, cost-effective and efficient manner.
• Oversee and manage capital projects related to SCWA’s buildings and facilities from assessing needs to planning and implementing solutions.
• Plan, develop budgets and draft contracts; oversee architect and engineers for all capital improvements administered by General Services.
• Work with various departments to identify issues to be addressed and develop corrective action plans.
• Take proactive action to find and correct potential issues within SCWA’s buildings and facilities including HVAC, aging infrastructure, and business continuity plans.
• Oversee personnel issues within the department and works with HR to reach solutions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department heads, employees, officials, contractors, and the general public.
• Work with the Fleet Manager to prepare the annual fleet replacement plan through management of a coordinated fleet assessment process involving all SCWA departments.
• 10 years of experience in building maintenance or Construction trade required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Engineering or related major required.
• 5 years of Supervisory Experience in a union environment preferred.
• P.E. License or Building Operator Certification preferred.
• Professional level knowledge of management, department level accounting and budgeting, cost control principles, fleet control policies and procedures.
• Ability to develop a successful leadership style to establish and achieve exceptional organization performance and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
• Professional knowledge of building maintenance i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical, construction.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
** The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements**
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Annual salary is commensurate with education and experience,
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)