The Suffolk County Water Authority currently seeks a Senior Chemist for our Laboratory Department located in Hauppauge, NY. The workweek for this position is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Perform routine and advanced instrument maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair several types of instruments.
- Perform new method development as well as improve existing methods.
- Assists in training the Technicians and other Chemists, to include familiarization of instrumentation, helping with data handling software, instrument maintenance, chemical handling, safety, standard preparation, and most other aspects of everyday Laboratory work.
- Integrating multiple tasks into the daily workload.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Chemistry or related science, with a minimum of 24 Chemistry credits required.
- Five years’ experience performing chemical analyses in a laboratory is required.
- Strong chemistry knowledge with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience with analytical instrumentation, associated software, and other specialized equipment used in the Laboratory is required.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements, via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Careers.” Annual salary is commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 Vaccine is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)