The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Clerk for our Customer Service Department in Coram, NY. The successful applicant will be responsible for answering phones and responding to customer requests.
The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Call Center Representative (Clerk) for our Customer Service Department in Coram, NY. The successful applicant will be responsible for answering phones and responding to customer requests. Work shifts are M-F 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m and M-F 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
- Research billing issues and resolve customer conflicts.
- Must interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, or face to face.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be proficient in relevant computer applications and possess math skills.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills – professional and pleasant telephone manner with the ability to listen actively and communicate effectively
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high call volume, often high-pressure environment
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required.
- Customer Service Experience preferred.
- Suffolk County residency is preferred.
- COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
- Pre-employment physical including drug screen is required.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on "Career Opportunities". Annual salary for this position starts at $47,000.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)