The Suffolk County Water Authority has a highly skilled Engineering Department that is constantly engaged in making improvements to water production, storage, and treatment facilities throughout the service territory - spanning from Amityville to Montauk. SCWA is currently seeking an AutoCAD Draftsman to join the Department. This position is responsible for supporting design and construction operations as it relates to SCWA’s 75-million-dollar capital program.
- Supporting SCWA engineers in areas related to designing and drafting.
- Develop as-builts for site plans and water treatment/distribution infrastructure.
- Layout and design of well fields along with designing and drafting detailed filtration system piping and well field yard piping.
- Ability to perform site inspections during construction of pipelines.
- Ability and willingness to expand construction knowledge/experience through support of the SCWA Survey Crew.
- Develop material orders for distribution piping projects.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or a related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and understand contract documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to interface with contractors and work outdoors
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and select “Career Opportunities”. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Salary expectations must be disclosed on application.
Suffolk County residency is preferred. COVID-19 Vaccine is required.
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined
in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)