The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking an Associate Water Quality Engineer who will be
responsible for engineering efforts related to water treatment and water quality. The individual may take
a lead role, or act as a team member on any SCWA-wide efforts related to water quality
The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking an Associate Water Quality Engineer who will be responsible for engineering efforts related to water treatment and water quality. The individual may take a lead role, or act as a team member on any SCWA-wide efforts related to water quality.
- Design and review of water treatment systems and treatment processes.
- Commissioning of new water treatment systems.
- Prepare contract specifications and oversee construction projects related to water treatment.
- Conduct pilot studies to investigate new treatment methods or improve existing ones.
- Review operational data to make decisions aimed at improving treatment and water quality.
- Provide training for other SCWA employees on water quality and water treatment.
- 3 years’ experience in water treatment design and water/wastewater treatment operations required.
- In-depth knowledge of water treatment practices – conventional and emerging.
- Must have knowledge of water chemistry, hydraulics and treatment process design.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required - engineering discipline preferred; Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering preferred.
- General computer skills with experience in AutoCAD, MS Suite and similar programs preferred.
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
Work week for this position will be Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and select “Career Opportunities”. Salary for this position will be commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residents preferred.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)