The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Payroll Assistant who will provide support to the
Payroll Department at the Suffolk County Water Authority.
- Assist in processing weekly payroll for all SCWA employees, from time entry to creating check spool.
- Prepare all required governmental tax returns, reports, and forms (IRS, NYS, and Retirement System).
- Support the Human Resources Department: Run retiree payroll to create invoices, process adjustments to disability and benefits, and supply wage information
- Maintain accurate records of employee’s hours worked, non-voluntary deductions and voluntary deductions, and direct deposit information for audit purposes.
- Assist in answering payroll related questions from office personnel, managers, and employees.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field required.
- 1-3 years payroll experience preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and laws, and general ledger accounts.
- Advanced skill set using Microsoft Office; SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with discretion.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements.*
SCWA has implemented a new policy regarding COVID-19. We require all Prospective employees to be fully vaccinated which means 14 days after the second dose of a two series vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech/ Moderna) or a single shot series (J&J). We will delay your first day of employment by thirty-five (35) days from the date of an offer of employment to comply with this policy. Proof of vaccination must be submitted on or before your first day.
Applicant’s typical work schedule will be Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Applications will be received until the position has been filled.
Suffolk County residents preferred.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)