The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a Chemist I for our Laboratory Department located in Hauppauge, NY. The successful candidate will perform analytical chemistry techniques and sample extraction using complex instrumentation.
- Performs instrumental analysis of routine water samples, reviews analytical data, and enters results to LIMS.
- Prepares reagents, calibration standards, and QC samples for assigned methods or defines appropriate standard/reagent preparation procedures when necessary.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance and assists in troubleshooting problems.
- Sample preparation and extraction.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Chemistry or related science with 24 Chemistry credits required.
- Strong chemistry knowledge with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation, associated software, and other specialized laboratory equipment preferred.
The work week for this position will be Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and select “Career Opportunities”. Suffolk County residency preferred. COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)