The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Director of Construction Maintenance - Operations. The qualified applicant will support the Director in the administration and day-to-day oversight of the Construction Maintenance Department.
The Suffolk County Water Authority is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Director of Construction Maintenance - Operations. The qualified applicant will support the Director in the administration and day-to-day oversight of the CM Department to maintain, improve and expand the distribution infrastructure for SCWA.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide oversight to the day to day operations of the Construction Maintenance Department which is involved with the maintenance, improvement, and expansion of the SCWA underground distribution infrastructure.
• Work with Supervisors and assist in the personnel management of the department in regards to scheduling, collective bargaining issues and overall development.
• Write construction, maintenance and material contracts, special projects, and aid in the establishment metrics to improve departmental efficiencies and overall distribution system quality.
• Plan and develop programs for workplace efficiency, system reliability, future expansion, and fire flows.
• Assist with the preparation and administration of a capital budget of approximately $22 million.
• Assist in labor relations issues/collective bargaining agreement administration.
• Act as a liaison with outside agencies and community organizations.
• Working knowledge of public works and utility construction techniques and laws – 7 years’ experience preferred.
• Strong operational management skills – 5 years’ supervisory experience preferred within a union environment.
• Project management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field required.
• Professional Engineer’s License preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office, SAP, ability to use GIS Systems, and hydraulic modeling software.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Water Treatment Operator Grade 1B Certificate preferred or ability to obtain certificate.
*The Authority may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet requirements.*
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Career Opportunities”. Annual salary is commensurate with education and experience. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)