Temporary shutoff protections for essential utilities such as water during the COVID-19 pandemic will expire on June 30th. These protections provided additional time for customers to catch up on their bills and/or obtain financial assistance if needed.
To make sure your water service is not disconnected now that these protections have expired, please contact SCWA to make payment arrangements.
How to pay your SCWA bill:
1) Online: Visit SCWA.com and select the green “Pay My Bill” button at the top of the screen.
2) By phone: Call 1 (800) 732-3426.
3) By mail: Checks should be made payable to “SCWA” and mailed to SCWA at: PO Box 9044, Hicksville, NY 11802 (you must include the bottom portion of your bill).
4) In person: Visit our Customer Contact Center at 2045 Route 112, Coram NY. Cash, check, and credit card payments accepted.
5) Retail Cash Payments: Visit any of our Retail Cash Payment partners: 7-Eleven, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Speedway, Dollar General, or Family Dollar. The EZ-PAY badge on the reverse side of your bill can be scanned at the register, or go to SCWA.com and select "Pay My Bill" to generate an EZ-PAY badge. Please note: a $1.99 fee will be added to your bill using this payment option.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for your payment information to be reflected on your account.
If you require additional time to pay your outstanding residential water bill, SCWA does offer twelve-month installment plans. Please contact the SCWA Collections Department at (631) 698-5700 if you would like to set up an installment plan. You can also visit our website at scwa.com to enroll in our e-billing program. This will allow you to view bills, make or schedule payments and enroll in automatic bill payments.
Please be aware New York State has made additional resources available for those who require assistance with utility bills, including water. If you experienced a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are in arrears on your water bill, please visit https://otda.ny.gov/programs/water-assistance/ to learn how the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) can help. Applications to LIHWAP can be submitted online or by mail beginning December 1.
Benefits are based on the amount of unpaid water bills. You may be eligible for as much as $2,500 for each service.
Eligibility and benefits are based on:
• household size,
• household includes a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or qualified alien, and
• amount owed to drinking water and/or wastewater provider(s).
Please know that we understand these have been difficult economic times, and are here to assist in any way we can.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LIHWAP INFORMATIONAL BROCHURE
HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA EL FOLLETO INFORMATIVO DE LIHWAP