The Suffolk County Water Authority currently seeks a Lab Technician I for the sample collection area in our Laboratory Department located in Hauppauge, NY. The workweek for this position is Tuesday - Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. COVID vaccine is required prior to hire.
- Driving to multiple sample collection locations and collecting various types of sample bottles.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Fueling and cleaning vehicles assigned for your use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A.S. or A.A.S. degree in science required.
- Experience in water sampling preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their application and resume, including salary requirements, via the SCWA website (www.scwa.com) and click on “Careers.” Annual salary is commensurate with education and experience. Suffolk County residency is required.
(The Authority shall not employ relatives of employees as defined to mean an employee's spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent or direct descendant of grandparents of the employee as defined in the New York State General Municipal Law 810.)